Governor support services for schools, academies and trusts.
The courses in our governor training programme cover the areas all governors, PRU managers and academy board members need to know and will be held to account for by Ofsted and are designed with the 3 core functions of governance and the Department for Educations (DfE) governor competency framework in mind. Alongside this core offer our bespoke training for individual boards or groups of boards can be personalised to meet your needs at a local level.
We work closely with colleagues at the National Governance Association which allows us to offer to our subscribers access to their online learning platfrom Learning Link and opportunities throughout the year to be part of the DfE funded Leading Governance Development programme for chairs and aspiring chairs.
The high-calibre trainers delivering these services ensure that governors trust and appreciate the support they receive. Governors say that “they benefit from well-tailored training and regular governor briefings which help them to sharpen the focus of their work in challenging and supporting their schools” and that they value the “pertinent training delivered at a time when governors are available by experienced and knowledgeable trainers”.
Subscibers to our governor training service benefit from:
- Experienced trainers that not only have good subject knowledge, but also understand what it is like to be a governor and help participants turn the learning into practice
- Access to a comprehensive range of training events for every member of the board, new or experienced, through our main programme, including the all-important induction training for new governors and safeguarding training
- Support to identify and design a bespoke in-house training session for your board or group of boards to address any local needs
- The ability to share their in-house session with other schools to facilitate learning from each other and networking. (Governors from schools who do not subscribe to the training package will be charged at our delegate rate for attending)
- Free attendance at the termly seminar and briefing events offering practical tips and timely updates for board members
- A termly report on the training undertaken by board members
- Access to an experienced support team who can offer advice and support on all facets of our training offer
- Free access to a full range of over 50 e-learning training modules via the National Governance Associations Learning Link platform.
Click the cover of our interactive training course brochure below to see courses available for the 2018/2019 academic year.
What people say
"Thank you very much for the training session. It was really useful, highly informative and perfect timing to keep everyone looking forward rather than relaxing back."
Dale Hall Primary School
“I feel so much better informed and feel far more educated on how best to effectively be a Governor”.
Governor Training- Covers the requirements that all governors, PRU managers and academy board members need to know. A service content.