Governor training for schools, academies and trusts.
Our training programme, designed to embed the three core functions of governance and to reflect the Governance Competency Framework (DfE 2017), ensures governors, PRU managers and academy board members have the knowledge and skills they need to effectively govern their schools and academies. We also offer bespoke in-house training for individual boards or groups of boards.
We work closely with the National Governance Association (NGA), and can offer our subscribers access to their online learning platform (Learning Link) and opportunities to be part of the DfE funded Leading Governance Development programme for chairs and aspiring chairs.
Subscribers benefit from:
- experienced trainers with expert subject knowledge who can help participants turn the learning into practice;
- access to a comprehensive range of training events for every member of the board, from induction training for new governors to safeguarding training;
- support to design bespoke in-house training sessions for your board or boards;
- the ability to share in-house sessions with other schools to encourage networking and best practice.
- free termly briefings with updates and practical tips for board members
- an experienced support team who can advise on all aspects of our training offer; and
- access to a full range of over 50 e-learning training modules via the NGA's Learning Link platform.
Click the cover of our interactive training course brochure below to see courses available for the 2019/2020 academic year.